posted by SHELLEY BRUCAR
VALUES and GOALS: Have you been thinking about your goals? Remember FAR – Fluid, Action-Oriented and Relevant?
To make sure your goals are Relevant (to you) we talk about Values first – what is really important to you right now? Your goals need to follow your values or they won’t matter. So here are some questions to think about in order to identify your values:
1. What brings you joy?
2. What is your life’s vision? Dream – don’t worry about what is or is not “possible”. What do you see yourself doing 5 -10-20 years from now?
3. What personal qualities do you possess that you consider “gifts”?
4. What is the source of your power, your self-esteem?
5. What accomplishments, moments mean the most to you?
6. Finally, think about your 80th birthday celebration. (Use Visualization from my 3/30/09 post). Imagine this celebration as fully as you can. Who is there? Who are you talking to? People are toasting you – what do you want them to say about you/to you? What comments make you feel best, proudest?
AND – here are some interesting photos from a relaxing day in Lake Geneva. All photos taken by my husband, Wayne: