posted by SHELLEY BRUCAR
Here are 5 more tips from my list of “100 Stress Reducers” that are great for summer:
26. WATCH A SUNRISE OR SUNSET. Really watch it! Sit somewhere comfortable and take the time to thoroughly enjoy the sun’s rise or set. Savor all the colors and the cloud shapes. If you’re near a body of water, check out the reflections on the surface.
27. GO FOR A NATURE WALK. Whether it’s a forest preserve, a botanic garden, a path along a lake or river, nature gounds us. Walking in a natural setting can be peaceful and inspirational at the same time. Be aware of the sights, the sounds, the colors, the breeze and the warmth or coolness against your skin. I’m convinced that being out in a natural setting enhances health and wellness – both physical and mental. Allow yourself to be relaxed and refreshed.
28. TAKE A BIKE RIDE. You’re out in nature and getting excercise. But it’s more than that – feel the wind against your face and rushing through your hair. Watch the scenery constantly changing. Ah – exhilarating!
29. GO TO THE ZOO AND WATCH THE ANIMALS. This is not just for kids. Wathcing animals can be relaxing – some of them are completely at peace. And watching animals is often funny – lions roaring at each other, monkeys flying around from ropes. At the Racine (WI) Zoo, the peacocks strut around freely, right along with the visitors, and what a treat if one shows your its feathers!
30. FEED DUCKS. Ponds full of hungry ducks can by found almost anywhere. Bring along some bread and a friend to share the serenity.
If you’re following, you now have 30 of my favorite stress reducers as well as Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Visualization and Reframing from negative to positive. Please click on “comments” to tell me what you’ve used that is working for you.